About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fresh Banana Cranberry Bread

Out of all the banana-combination breads I've made, this one is my hands-down favorite because it is so moist (even using whole wheat flour). I just made a loaf last night, and half of it is gone already (not all my nibbling!).

Banana Cranberry Bread
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup butter

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs, beaten
3 very ripe bananas
3/4 cup fresh whole cranberries (if frozen, thawed)

First, preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Next, cream the sugar and butter together in a large mixing bowl. Add eggs, flour, and baking soda and mix until moistened. Mash the bananas and fold them into the mixture. Lastly, roughly chop and fold in cranberries.

Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes (until toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean). Let cool somewhat on a wire rack still in the pan. Turn out onto a cutting board. It's delicious to slice and heat while still warm! (Extra good with a scoop of whipped cream on top).

Happy eating!
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment