About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Summer Learning

Unlike some homeschooling families, we LAY OFF the books during the summertime. My son wants a rest. Mom/teacher/employee/wife/chef/chauffeur NEEDS a break. We slip in one day per month of review time, but other than summer reading, we are on VACAY.

My son is loving the Chronicles of Narnia this summer. I am starting from the first book in the series, The Magician's Nephew, and reading through as much as we can. He begs me to read more chapters each day.

It's nice when we can read outside on the deck overlooking the river. Not so school-like.

My son has created other opportunities for entertainment and learning.

How about the world's tallest Popsicle-stick candle holder? I promise you the Popsicle sticks and hot glue gun have provided hours of entertainment. He picked up on this trick from his cousin and has gone a little hog wild in his room.
Adults, don't try this at home. (If one of us falls off the desk, it's to the emergency room we go).
Have a happy summer.
Love,
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment