About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Wintertime Roasted Vegetables

I found myself lacking a vegetable to serve with our supper meal the other evening. And, of course, we must have a vegetable ! (a mom requirement)

I had forgotten all about roasting vegetables. Roasting is the perfect counterpoint to summer's grilled vegetables. And it's so easy. Just plan ahead, as roasting takes about an hour.

Here's what I did:

I cut up whatever vegetables I had on hand - quartered small red potatoes, sliced whole mushrooms, cut up colorful bell peppers and an onion. I put the vegetables in a roasting pan and sprinkled them with extra virgin olive oil. After tossing to distribute the oil evenly over the vegetables, I seasoned them with sea salt, ground black pepper, and a spice such as rosemary or thyme (or a little of both).



Next, I roasted them in a 425 degree oven for 30 minutes; stirred, and roasted about another 30 minutes or until vegetables became fork tender.

The beauty of these vegetables is that you can use whatever you have on hand. The end result is flavorful and tastes like you have spent a lot of time in the kitchen. Only you have to know it took about five minutes to prep everything. :)

Happy eating,
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment