About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Quick Quiche for a Speedy Supper


Occasionally, I find myself home alone with no one to cook for. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes it does on a weekend night. During times like those, I may throw together a salad. No sense in dirtying up the kitchen, right?

Sometimes, however, I'm in the mood for a hot meal. That's when I turn to a trusty, speedy quiche recipe. The beauty of making quiche for supper is that you can use up any leftover vegetables hanging around in the refrigerator, tossing them (almost literally) into a ready-made pie crust.

For this version on one of those lonely nights, I used up the leftover broccoli slaw in my 'frig with a handful of sun-dried tomatoes and some grated Parmesan cheese.

Here's the before:

And here's after cooking:
Here's the recipe:

Quick Quiche

Ingredients

prepared pie crust
1 to 1 1/4 cups of filling- chopped ham, your choice of leftover vegetables
3 eggs
small can of evaporated milk

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place leftovers - ham and/or vegetables - into pie crust. Whisk together the eggs and milk and pour over the vegetables. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set.

This quiche also is delicious served as brunch with a side of fruit salad.

Enjoy! Hope it makes your day easier.

TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment