About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Ch...ch...ch...Chia!

I have a new love.

I visited Earth Fare over the weekend and came home with a new package to try. Every time I visit a different healthy supermarket, I try something new.

I love Chia Snacks.

They are tasty cubes of goodness. I can justify eating lots of them because:

(a) When I eat them, I don't crave sweets like usual;
(b) They are full of calcium - 45% of the recommended daily value;
(c) They are chock full of chia seeds, which have a higher value of Omega-3's than even notorious salmon; and
(d) Did I mention they are fabulous?

And yes, they are the infamous "ch, ch, ch, chia seeds" from the TV commercials. The seeds come from a plant in the mint family and are full of easily digestible protein and lots of fiber.

I especially like them because they fill me up as well as satisfy my sweet tooth. The only problem is that I only bought one bag, and the store is not too close to my rural home. I guess that means I'm taking another trip this week. You guessed it; my bag is empty.

You can also buy them from Navitas Naturals stores. We don't have those stores in the South; they seem to be predominantly in the northeastern part of the U.S.

I give this holistic snack a thumbs up. Try it soon!

Love,
TCB
P.S. No one paid me to write this post. I just love 'em.



No comments:

Post a Comment