About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Been Fishin'

This photo is an apt description of my home right now. Things pop up in unexpected places - always where they do not quite belong.

My grocery shopping basket is left on the breakfast nook floor. And my son's fishing rod is propped against the chair. He's not gone fishin'; he has BEEN FISHIN'.

Sometimes it's too much trouble to put every little item away. SpongeBob called my son's name when he walked in the door from fishing at the river. My cell phone gave its well-known ring to announce the next call. Where I dropped the basket a few days ago still sits today. We don't worry about these things too much. One advantage of living a little bit out in the country - No one "drops by" for a visit without calling first. They don't want to drive all that way and find you're not home. So you always have time to sweep up those floating items and ferry them back to their proper homes.

One day, I will take the time to put away the basket and a litter of other small things scattered in different rooms. And when I'm finished - after only 2 minutes of expended energy - I'll wonder why I didn't do this earlier.

Do you have nagging little things around your home like this? Take 2 minutes today and put a few things away. Doesn't that feel better? If you do that every day, imagine how much easier it will be on "cleaning day." (Do you have one of those? I put those away 10 years ago. Funny how that's the exact age of my precious-wecious son).

Have a happy day!
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment