About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Instant Caprese Salad (for One)

There's one reason I grow basil in my summer garden: I love caprese salad, and fresh basil is pretty expensive at the grocery store. Using my homegrown tomatoes and a couple of other pantry staples, I can create a quick summer lunch for myself.

Instant Caprese Salad (for One)

one ripe tomato
fresh mozzarella slices
basil leaves, washed and patted dry
sea salt
ground black pepper
balsamic vinegar
extra virgin olive oil

This couldn't be easier. Slice tomatoes and place on plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slice mozzarella and place on plate with basil leaves in the desired arrangement. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar over all.

What a great, light lunch on a hot summer day when produce is at its finest.

Happy eating!
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment