About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Healthy in a Hurry - Tilapia for Supper

School is in session, sports practice is back on, work is in full swing, and yet moms *still* have to pull together supper (maybe you call it dinner, if you're not Southern like me). I find that sometimes hard to do when I spend almost every afternoon at the pool where my son practices on a competitive swim team.

I have a few tried and true recipes that I know the entire family loves and that can be pulled together in a snap for days such as these.

Here's the one I want to share with you today:

Baked Tilapia in Butter Sauce

4 tilapia fillets
1/3-1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 c. diced onion
2 T. lemon juice
1 1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. dried parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Lightly grease a casserole dish and place the fish fillets side by side in it. Mix all the other ingredients together in a glass bowl and pour over the fish. That's it!



Put in oven (uncovered) for 30 minutes.

Great served with brown rice (the leftover "au jus" from the fish dish tastes great mixed into the rice) and broccoli (and rolls if you're naughty).


Have a happy, busy week!

TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment