About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Handy Kitchen Tip

If you’re like me, I’m always looking for handy tips that make my life easier and my chores faster. Here’s one I’m sure I read about somewhere years ago, but for the life of me I can’t remember where.

When washing dishes that have food particles clinging on them, like scrambled eggs or grated cheese, first rinse the dish in cool or cold water before washing it. Submerging it straight into hot water “cooks” the food onto the pan, making cleanup a lot tougher. I used this tip twice today – after breakfast’s scrambled eggs and to clean my food processor bowl after grating cheese for supper’s casserole.

Less elbow grease and less time=a happy Country Belle.

Happy cleaning (an oxymoron?).
'Til next time.
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment