About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Spelling Power

Spelling Power

We use the Spelling Power curriculum in our studies. My son really does learn many, many words each day in only 15 minutes, just as the book suggests. As an add-on to the teaching text, I often have him go outside and re-write the words he missed on his daily spelling test using sidewalk chalk.
This kinesthetic method seems to work well with boys. And what 8-year-old doesn't like to go outside in the middle of the school day!

And this has absolutely nothing to do with spelling. Miss Pitty Pat just looked so crazy after she groomed the dead leaf off her fur, I had to snap her paparazzi shot.

Have a Happy Week,
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment