About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Book I'm Reading in April

I'm focusing on one book this month, as it is a busy spring month for finishing school activities and planting my garden and flower beds. I'm re-reading an important book my sister-in-law was so nice to give me some time ago: Shepherding a Child's Heart by Tedd Tripp. Shepherding a Child's Heart

The main premise of this Christian child rearing book is that, as stated in the Bible, "out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks." Tripp teaches parents how to address heart issues and not simply require rote obedience from their children. God has put us parents in charge of our children, and we should direct them toward a biblical perspective when it comes to obedience, not just make them obey because it is convenient for us.

This book contains deep spiritual lessons about parenting. I read it once many years ago when my son was an infant, but it is so much easier to digest now that I have a "tween." There is also a section for teenagers, and who doesn't need help with that??

Happy reading. I'd always like to hear about what you're reading now, too.

Love,
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment