About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pollen Fighter

I've found the perfect pollen repellent for my screened porch furniture. Yes, you can afford it. No, it isn't high-tech at all. Yes, it works 100% of the time.

Ta-da!
Plastic.

It took me 11 long years to finally get smart enough to outsmart pollen. It falls and blows like nobody's business around our house in the spring since we're surrounded by hardwood trees. And every April and May, I watch it pile up on our porch furniture, dreading the day when I will HAVE TO TACKLE THE HUGE MESS AND SPEND MY ENTIRE SATURDAY CLEANING IT UP.

Enough said.

No, this isn't your Grandma's stick-to-your-rumpus plastic for the good parlor couch. You don't want to sit on this stuff. Your b-u-t-t will be yellow. But I think the ugliness is just fine by me for a few weeks. This spring, I'm spending my extra Saturday at the mall. And Starbucks. And Mellow Mushroom.

How did food work its way in? Sorry, I digress.

So take a lesson from me - the I-finally-had-a-simple-idea-that-saves-me-tons-o-time girl - go get you some plastic at your local big box retailer and cover up the furniture! Save the party for late May when the sheeting comes off!

Happy homekeeping,
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment