About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Deviled Chicken Wings

I promised I would share the recipe I used for Deviled Chicken Wings in my last post. It originally comes from Sheila Lukins' book, Celebrate! I, of course, always tweak my recipes somewhat to suit my family's taste. Every time I have made these wings, there are never any leftovers. A hit! (Refer to my last post about why I, sadly, do not have a photo of these wings).


Deviled Chicken Wings

5 lbs. chicken wings
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1-2 tsp. hot sauce
1 tsp. chili powder
coarse sea salt, to taste
1/2  tsp. paprika
1 small red onion, diced, OR 4 scallions, sliced, OR onion powder

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Put wings in a bowl and toss with garlic. Melt butter and olive oil together and whisk in all other ingredients except red onion. Pour over the wings and toss well, coating them. Put the wings on a wire rack in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake 30 minutes more. Lightly dust the cooked wings with extra paprika and red onion/scallions/onion powder (your choice). Eat right away! They are best hot from the oven.

PS. I added the wire rack in the baking process. When I tried them without it, the wings were soggy on the underside. With the rack, they are uniformly crispy.

Happy Monday!
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment