About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Try Reading a Chronological Bible

I'm reading my way through a new version of the Bible I recently purchased - a Chronological Study Bible. I can't imagine the feat of taking each part of the Scripture and putting it in historical order, but I think it brings a new level of perspective to the words. Although I believe there is some debate about sections of the Bible where time references are obscure, it's an interesting - and for me, an entirely different - way to read the Bible.

This particular book is also a study Bible so there are lots of footnotes and summary pages to create a frame of reference. It's particularly handy to have the date marked at the top of every page. The entire book is divided into 9 "epochs" beginning with creation, of course, and moving to the final epoch focused on the church age/the gospel/apocalyptic writings.

I always have at least two books going at once, and I will share others later this month. If you haven't tried this version of the Bible, I say it is well worth the money.

Happy reading,
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment