About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

How I'm Saving Money this Month

Saving money is always important, but especially right now for my family.

In the last 30 days, we have: installed a new well pump, replaced a no-go refrigerator/freezer, and paid for major repairs on my SUV.

I'm feeling poor.

But I always say a little creativity goes a super long way.

So this month, I'm saving money at the store by not buying any beauty products.

But I won't be ugly in February. I promise.

If you're like me, you've collected quite a few versions of wrinkle creams, serums, and lotions in your bathroom cabinet. Did I mention eye cream?

So this month, I'm burying my brand loyalty and using up everything I have. I won't spend a dime, and I'll clean out the cabinets at the same time. Sounds like a plan, right?


If I have to sneak, I can always pick up my trusty Aldi brand facial cleanser (hey, it's European!!) at the store for a little more than $2.

Using what you already have is economical and always eco-friendly!

Love,
TCB

1 comment: