About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Save Money on Family Night

We are on a mission to pay off our house mortgage. We're pretty close, so we're being extra frugal. It's our habit to eat out on Friday nights, but we're mixing it up a little now. Sometimes, we will just eat in and save lots of cash. Haven't you noticed how expensive restaurant meals have gotten?

More infrequent dining out can save some serious cash over the course of a year. We aren't cutting out restaurants altogether, of course. To keep me out of the kitchen on Friday nights, I sometimes resort to pizza. Most frozen pizza is not that tasty, however, and we live far enough out that no pizza delivery guy will make the trip. Plus, delivery is kind of cheating, and that doesn't save very much money.

You all have read about my good experiences shopping at Aldi and the grocery dollars I am able to stretch because of it. I have mostly enjoyed my purchases from the store, but there is one thing I buy at Aldi my family loves.

Pizza!

Aldi's brand of refrigerated pizza from the deli case is very good. In fact, we like it better than many restaurants' versions. I can walk out of the store with two huge pizzas, feed my family for pizza/movie night, have leftovers for lunch the next day, and spend only $10.

Pizza is a special treat food - I admit it's not the healthiest choice out there - but it makes for an inexpensive, fun family night.

When I pay off the mortgage, I'll invite y'all to a big party on the deck.

Love,
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment