About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Single Girl Supper

When the fellows in my house go out of town to have fun - fishing, watching a NASCAR race, camping, or some such "boy stuff" I'd rather leave to the two of them - I usually putter around all day, doing this and that. At the end of the day, we live far enough out that it's not convenient to run out and grab a dinner to go. Besides, I usually have dirt under my fingernails from digging in the garden all day. The guys turn up their noses, but it's my idea of fun.

So, back to supper. When I get hungry enough about sundown, I'll find a few leftovers or whip up something "girly" that no one else in the house would ever consider fit to be called supper.

Here's what happened the other weekend when they ran off to the racetrack.

Leftover quiche from the meal I made the same morning, heirloom cherry tomatoes, and leftover grilled shrimp from the previous night. If there was any testosterone in the house, I would have been run out for suggesting this was a proper supper.

It was just right for me.

Here's one version of my quiche, but you can use just about anything you have on hand. I believe this one was ham and Swiss cheese.

Sometimes it's great to live simply, eat simply, and save money.

Have a wonderful day.
Love,
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment