About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Essential Oils for Good Health

Essential Oils for Good Health

Essential oils are an ancient remedy for ailments, illnesses and general physical and emotional distress. They are mentioned in the Bible; remember, the wise men brought baby Jesus frankincense and myrrh. Why was that? Essential oils have medicinal qualities that help heal the body.

I have been using essential oils for a few months now. I signed up with a company named doTERRA because I wanted to begin to build an inventory of oils as my “medicine kit.” One of my favorites is actually a blend of several essential oils. It’s called DigestZen, and I use it to treat my reflux and general digestive upsets.

DigestZen contains seven essential oils:

  • Ginger
  • Peppermint
  • Tarragon
  • Fennel
  • Caraway
  • Coriander
  • Anise.
Essential oils are very concentrated extracts from flowers, berries, roots, leaves, stems, seeds, and the bark of plants.

I use DigestZen in conjunction with my lemon routine, which I explained in the post Drink Lemon for Good Health. I rub one drop of oil on my stomach and one on the part of the bottom of my feet that corresponds to the stomach on a reflexology chart. You can find reflexology charts online. I use one in a book I’m currently reading, Modern Essentials: A Contemporary Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils.”

Whenever I feel a little upset stomach, or I’ve eaten something I shouldn’t, I use this oil. I must say it makes me feel better within 30 seconds. And I really love it because it is natural (like the lemon) and has nothing to do with pharmaceutical drugs, which are just a band-aid anyway. By using this combination, and staying away from the black tea and oatmeal that doesn’t specifically agree with my body, I have been free of prescription meds for 9 months now. And I feel better than ever.

In good health,
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment