About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Friday, February 18, 2011

Top 3 Things that Keep Me Healthy

Top 3 Things that Keep Me Healthy

There are three food and/or natural substances I can’t live without:

(1)   Lemons – I drink ½ of a squeezed lemon after each meal to aid in digestion. No heartburn! See my Drink Lemon for Good Health post for more information.

(2)   Flaxseed Oil or Flaxseeds – Add seeds to your morning cereal or to your noon salad for a healthy dose of omega 3 essential fatty acids. Or you can simply take a teaspoon of organic cold-pressed flaxseed oil, available at your local health food store. Flaxseed reduces inflammation in your body, a precursor to all kinds of bad sicknesses and diseases and helps keep your arteries clear of cholesterol’s effects.

(3)   Lemon and Peppermint Essential Oils – I only use the doTERRA brand because I believe in its purity. Just one drop of each oil in my “shot” glass of water first thing in the morning, and I have just taken a natural liver detox, helping my liver to more successfully do its filtering job for the day.

Be healthy.
Love,
TCB

No comments:

Post a Comment