About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Southern Blackberry Cobbler

Every Southern cook has a fruit cobbler recipe. They are pretty straightforward, mucho easy, and provide just the right amount of sweetness after a suppertime meal.

I had some big, sweet blackberries in the refrigerator, so I decided to make a blackberry cobbler Saturday night. Here's how it happened:

I washed and drained about 2 1/2 cups of the blackberries.
I melted one stick of butter in a casserole dish (in the microwave).

In a mixing bowl, I whisked together 1 cup self-rising flour, 1 cup sugar, and 1 cup of milk (I use almond milk).
Pour the flour mixture over the melted butter in the casserole dish, but don't mix!


It will look like this.
Last, add the blackberries, but do not mix!

The good thing about a cobbler is you can switch out the fruit based on what you have on hand. Apples are good, and so are peaches. Then all there is to do is bake for one hour at 350 degrees, or until golden brown on top. (The crust rises during baking).


It ain't pretty, but it sho' is good! Especially with vanilla bean ice cream.

Happy cooking,
TCB

2 comments:

  1. Mmm, nothing like a warm cobbler to make you feel all good inside. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your cobbler up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-14_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...looks PERFECT for the upcoming hot weather:) Great job:)

    ReplyDelete