About Dana

My photo
I'm a dichotomy of blue jeans, pretty jewelry, frugalista, and Southern girl living the simple rural life. I want to live my life holistically, thoughtfully, economically, and most of all gratefully, and encourage other women to do the same.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Busy Life

I know I've been a little scarce over the last week. Forgive me - I've been busy. I know you experience the same thing from time to time. Sometimes the activities and deadlines and "to-do's" pile up one after the other and you have to duck your head down and get busy until they're all done. That's been the case with me. Some of my activities over the last week or so can be qualified simply as "MUSTS." Others have been "PLEASURES."

It's much more fun to share the pleasures, so here's one:
My sister and brother-in-law's newest addition.

We've been expecting him for a while and he finally decided to join us a few days ago. I have been waiting to get my hands on him. There's no better feeling than holding a newborn who has been blanket-swaddled within an inch of his life.

I actually thought he might show up a couple of weeks ago when I had a cold. I was dosing myself with so much Vitamin C. Mr. Country Belle just laughed and said he knew what I was doing. I did, too. I didn't want to be sick and miss my chance to hold a newborn. (By the way, Vitamin C helps shorten the longevity of a cold).

I have also been cooking - chili for my sister's family, banana bread for my homeschool mom's group, and carrot souffle for another baby shower. I'll be sharing recipes this week.

I promise I'll stay in touch every week now. I just needed last week to get it all together!! I missed everyone and their comments and emails.

Love,
TCB



No comments:

Post a Comment